Windsor, Canada Restaurant
DINING OUT FOR LIFE 2017
- An average 100, 000 meals per year delivered by volunteers to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
- Nutritional counselling and meal planning
- Easter Sundays where chefs donate their time to cook for a group of 50-60 people
- Family Pantry Program where families receive fruits, vegetables, and other pantry essentials.
- Snack Packs all clients receive: fresh fruit, yogurt, bread, juice, milk and more.
HIV/AIDS IN BC: In 2011, the Public Health Agency of Canada estimated 71, 300 people living with HIV/AIDS in Canada — with over 25% residing in British Columbia. Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside maintains the highest HIV prevalence in the Western world, reaching as high 27%.
While new infection rates in B.C. have thankfully decreased, advanced therapies mean people with HIV/AIDS are living longer and the number of people who depend on the services of A Loving Spoonful continues to grow.