Just like the chrome driver, there are different other standalone servers as well. Some famous ones are GeckoDriver for firefox, InternetExplorerDriver for IE, EdgeDriver for Microsoft Edge, SafariDriver for Safari browser and so on. You will need to use these drivers when you want to start your automation scripts on their corresponding browsers.
Steps to download and install Chromedriver
Follow the steps given below to download and install the new version of chrome driver for selenium and do not forget to follow how to install chromedriver on Amazon:
- Open ChromeDriver download page https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads
- This page contains all the versions of ChromeDriver Selenium. We are interested in the new version of ChromeDriver, which is ChromeDriver 2.39.
- Click on the ChromeDriver 2.39 Hyperlink. You will be moved to ChromeDriver download page which contains ChromeDriver for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Click on Chromedriver_win32.zip to download and Install ChromeDriver for windows.
- Once you download the zip file, unzip it to get chromedriver.exe.
- With this, we done the download process for ChromeDriver.
- Now start, the installation process.
Advantages of ChromeDriver
- By default, ChromeDriver just permits local connections. If you need to link to it from a remote host, use –whitelisted-ips switch on the command line to specialty a list of IP addresses that are permitted to connect to ChromeDriver.
- If possible, run ChromeDriver with a test account that has no entry to sensitive local or network data. ChromeDriver should never be run with a privileged account.
- If easy, run ChromeDriver in a saved atmosphere such as virtual machine or Docker.
- Use firewall to stop unauthorized remote link to ChromeDriver.
- If you are using ChromeDriver via 3rd party tools such as Selenium server, be sure to save the network ports of those tools as well.
- Use the new versions of Chrome and Chromedriver
In simple words, ChromeDriver is library of code that manages the Chrome Browser.
In order to make your test scripts, you need WebDriver. In order to manage the Chrome Browser, you need ChromeDriver.